WHAT CAN GO IN YOUR GARDEN ORGANICS BIN
- Grass Clippings
- All Weeds
- Sticks & Small Branches (max. diameter 10 cm)
- Roots (max. diameter 10cm)
- Palm Fronds
WHAT CAN NOT GO IN YOUR GARDEN ORGANICS BIN;
- Plastic Bags
- Bin Liners
- Food Waste / Vegetable Peelings
- Oils or Chemicals
- Soil and Rocks
- Bricks & Building Materials
- Treated / Painted Timber
- Composite Wood products ie chipboard, melamine, MDF
Garden Organics ‘GO” bins containing material we do not accept may not be emptied until the problem has been removed.
Households with severe or repeated incidents of contamination will have the garden organics service suspended
TIPS FOR MAKING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GARDEN ORGANICS SERVICE
- Place materials loosely in your bin – don’t squash your garden organics down.
- Put sticks or dry leaves in the bottom of the bin before lawn clippings to prevent sticking.
- The maximum weight is 80 Kg.
- Place bins out regularly rather than wait for them to be full and possibly too heavy.
- Try to mow your lawn when its dry or leave the lid ajar to reduce excess moisture.
- You can drop off large items that don’t fit into your garden organics bin at one of the following local waste management facilities (fees apply):
109 Mt Vincent Road
This project was supported by the Environmental Trust as part of the NSW EPA’s Waste Less, Recycle More initiative, funded from the waste levy.